It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: About the current maplist
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 am 

I went to the trouble of throwing on the end game maps asap to keep people happy and any time I'm on ts it's just people moaning about the current map or current mode. I get it that people are unhappy but I get very little game time as it is. I don't want to spend that time tweaking maplists instead especially when I don't even know what it is that people actually want.

What happened to the system we had in place for BC2?

A suggestion:
1. If you are unhappy with the maps at least state why you are unhappy and not just a standard "this is shit","this is boring".
2. Better yet, post your maplist suggestions on the forums and no this does not mean "it needs more rush" like a maplist needs a sprinkle of salt. Post an actual maplist, complete with modes and one that will tier up from low numbers to high.

I will help Crack with the procon training but after that I'm washing my hands of the whole thing.

Post subject: Re: About the current maplist
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 am 
=T.O.D=

LordOfKaos wrote:
I went to the trouble of throwing on the end game maps asap to keep people happy and any time I'm on ts it's just people moaning about the current map or current mode. I get it that people are unhappy but I get very little game time as it is. I don't want to spend that time tweaking maplists instead especially when I don't even know what it is that people actually want.

I will help Crack with the procon training but after that I'm washing my hands of the whole thing.

Thanks for getting those maps on asap Kaos because it 'did' help us actually fill up the server occasionally.
It was great to have those maps on at the start because they are obviously the popular choice, personally I am not bored of them yet ;)
Once we have more people trained I would hope you can wash your hands of it, it makes no sense that those who don't play the game actually have to do the tweaking :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:34 pm 

death-or-glory wrote:
Once we have more people trained I would hope you can wash your hands of it, it makes no sense that those who don't play the game actually have to do the tweaking :?

It's not really just about the training though. If people would actually post specific map suggestions on the forum it would actually help matters a significant amount but at the moment the best help any of the procon users get is something along the lines of this:
- CTF is boring.
- We don't have enough Rush
- How come we don't play X map anymore

The above statements all identify problems but give absolutely no help when it comes to solving them. Here are several potential solutions to the first one:
Option 1: I remove all the CTF maps from the rotation.
Option 2: I reduce the number of CTF maps in the rotation and pick an arbitrary selection of CTF maps
Option 3: I shift the CTF maps to only play when the server has larger numbers on
etc.

The problem with the above options is I have no clue what CTF maps are worth saving(if any) and whether some of them work at low/high numbers.

Changing things in procon is relatively quick, the hard part is actually coming up with a solution that doesn't have you running back to procon the following day to make further arbitrary changes and then again the following day or getting sick of the whole thing and throwing in the towel.

The problem with the current maplist stems purely from my ignorance in trying to get the end game maps on there and arbitrarily guessing as to what should go where. Now that people have played them a bit we have identified a multitude of problems such as no Air Superiority mode, numerous vehicles at low numbers, CTF mode being boring and a lack of other game modes. I now know what some of the problems are but I still don't really know what changes I could make to fix it. It would be mostly guesswork and choosing between possible options that might, maybe If I'm really lucky fix things.

Also since it's hard to get across in forum posts, I'm not really pissed off at people doing this. I'm just incredibly frustrated that I have no clue how to actually fix it and give you guys the maps you actually want. These types of comments make it even more so because they point out the problems and give possible hints as to how to fix things without really helping.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:24 pm 

We currently have a number of threads discussing maplists or modes and whatever else. To consolodate any maplist change requests, I've made a placeholder maplist and posted a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=867

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm 

Kaos m8 thanks for your work . what you did worked well and has made the server more busy . Good job !! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:52 pm 

bugger the reedit shit!
I can not do what you guys do with map stuff.
I dont get board with maps its the players who dont play the game and just wait
in the shadows = CAMPING !! makes it boaring to me !
so again Kaos well done m8.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]