It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: BF3 Launcher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:23 pm 

Haha, sage advice. Being a web developer I constantly have to tell people to clear their cache. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped here. I miss the old days of in game launchers, I'm not sure what the benefit of using a browser is to be honest.

Post subject: Re: BF3 Launcher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:39 pm 

relic222 wrote:
I'm not sure what the benefit of using a browser is to be honest.
Not really much benefit to the end user but the reason for the web UI is that EA went with 3rd party developer ESN rather than have DICE develop their own game launcher. The biggest reason seems to have been to create a sort of facebook-lite to get ahead of Activision's social media offering for COD. It also meant that they got to use the 'cloud' buzzword when marketing rolled around.

If you have an SSD ensure BF3 is installed there. Not everyone suffered from this but after a certain patch the loading time with certain setups was astronomical. Before I switched to an SSD I was getting 5-10 minute load times when joining a server.

Ensure punkbuster is up to date and not blocked by your firewalls. Instead of giving you a proper error message battlelog often just hangs with joining server when it runs into a pb problem.

Another thing I found helped me is if you are hanging at joining server you can sometimes alt-tab into the game client which seems to fix the problem.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2