It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Xfactor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 pm 

anyone watched any of this guys videos ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/rivaLxfactor

hes doing a series at the moment called "breaking bad" which is all about breaking bad battlefield habits. Not the sort of guy i would go for a pint with but he has some really good tips on battlefield. If you need to kill some time go and check it out, he literally has something for everyone.

also i think it would be worth while putting in some time "training" based on some of these ideas, like the peaking etiquette: how to make sure you are not fucking your team mate over while he peaks out of a doorway or round a corner.

Hope this helps some people here, not to suggest anyone sucks, cos that would likely be my badge but yeah.. it could help everyone at least a bit

Post subject: Re: Xfactor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:58 pm 

I like his vids, they are very helpful in replacing bad habits with good ones however I would argue that to truly transcend your skill level you need to have NO habits. Habits of any kind both good and bad make you predictable and predictable usually means dead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 pm 

you make a valid point but without habit can there be strategy ? if you know what i mean..

having 3 or 4 proven strategies for every situation is definitely better than just having 1, but you could argue that thats still a habit. if someone knows you well enough they will predict the outcome.

i think the "bad" habits are born of random, non habitual playstyle that we all started off with.. sorry if im just being captain pedantic, the whiskey is strong in this one tonight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:31 am 

Both good and bad habits form patterns which makes a player predictable. The element of surprise is a massive edge to have and being able to manipulate a situation unexpectedly is often better than the optimal strategy.

What I'm struggling to say here is this, his videos are good and are worth filing away as good things to do however they should not be considered gospel and try not to fall into the habit of doing the same thing in a given situation every time. Add a little chaos into the mix.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:42 pm 

yeah he has some good videos in his channel

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]