It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hollywood Battlefield!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:45 am 

Morning All!

Glad to finally find these forums and say hi2u. Hi2u.
Of course I've already had the pleasure of playing countless hours along side many faces from TOD, but for those who I haven't yet. I play under the very immature tag of evilsp3rm and currently clanned with VIA. I'm in a love hate mood with BF4, I hate to love it and love to hate it. You may see me still playing BF3 from time to time to let some steam off - a far superior game. I also play Diablo 3, Killing Floor, DayZ and Arma3.

Recently I have been trying my hand at film editor. Its going ok, I'm far from being a pro but its good fun and I'm enjoying what I'm making. You can checkout my YouToob channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/McGieGaming - for a gander at my 'work'.
I've been very keen on making a short movie within Battlefield and now that dice has released separator mode, I've jumped at that chance to get it started. So, I was wondering if any of the TOD community would be interested in taking part?

We have recorded some parts of scene 1 already - for trailer purposes - but once thats done I will need as many people as possible to shoot from the top, one scene at a time. We get together on a wednesday evening about half 7 GMT and I can work out what we can record based on numbers.

This project will take some time to do and organise. At the moment only I'm recording. So getting all the angles is taking a few takes depending on the shot, but its been good fun (not just for me).

I will be setting up some way to gather everyone together and keep you all up to date with scripts, videos and screenshots based on what I'm looking for. I did think the book of face, but I'm sure not everyone uses it. May try google docs.

Anyway I'm rambling. Below is the first scene I posted on the VIA forums, a straight copy and paste. Please have a read, if you're interested then just let me know below. If you have any thoughts or input towards the project, please by all means voice it.

Much Love

Liam

-------

So firstly we need a server. Check! - ViA Server (ip to follow)
Secondly we need some kind person to create a profile;

Spectator mode active
Unranked
Auto-Balance off
No time limit
Siege of Shanghai map
No class restrictions
*if possible vehicle decay needs to be turned off or the time-limit increased (so they stay on the field longer)*
And of course, server locked!

Thanks BT for making the profile, hopefully all of these are capable (probs just the one that isn't)

Thirdly, I need a few camera men. Each part of the scene will be recorded separately (naturally) and I would like to get at least 2 different camera angles on the action. I will be recording and if I could find 2 more then that would be schweet. You would need to be able to run the game in High video settings and have a decent enough internet connection (to send the files to me) - anyone want the job?

Fourthly, I need 2 good snipers. There is a scene where 2 snipers take out moving targets (hopefully 1 shot)

-------

The Marines slump back up against the inner structure of the tower. Only clear blue skies and a blazing sun lies before them. A sense of calm takes over, the air is still, all is quiet. The Marines drift off into a deep slumber…..

….The Chinese General brings his binoculars to eye level. He gazes across to the tallest tower just as the American flag is hoisted high above Shanghai’s streets. The General discards the binoculars and waves angrily at the road ahead. The 7th Armoured division roars into life and starts down the slope….

-------

Rules:

Anyone recording MUST run without UI or fps counter off. Got to look professional now :)
Team kill should be off, however no deliberate killing of the enemy team. Kill scripted.
VOIP will be used at all times (try and keep in game chat to a minimum)
No revives, just spawn back in else where (or not at all depending on scene)
Medic + Ammo boxes need to be out of sight.

Plan of Action!

Key - [] = Hit : [/] = Miss

Trailer
Chinese armour on move
American armour on move
Choppers scrambled
Armour fight between E and D (conquest large)
American chopper in low between buildings (side shot of missile firing slow mo)
Four engis build up shot to firing at nearby tank
Part 1 - Scene 1
Chinese tanks rolling down into target area
One smaller tank in front getting taken out by mine/c4
American tank sees the explosion and radios it in.
Split screen with idle tank engine + radio noise and radio + ‘commander’ in tower.
Commander then radios down to American armour near B
American chopper is scrambled along the bay, just in front of the tower, looking into target area.
Chinese tank 1 takes a potshot at American chopper (tank not quite in target area)
American chopper dodges and moves into D area, flying in low to flank the Chinese tank
Chinese armour now in target area
American tank 1 peeks corner and opens fire at the first tank []
Chinese tank 1 retaliates with his own shot []
Chinese transport chopper moves by the sea line along side E to round tall tower (next to E)
Drops off sniper team
American troops parachute from C tower onto D roof
Chinese transport chopper tries full assault on tower
Take pot shots at the American troops parachuting down (kill 1 if possible)
American soflam on C tower roof
American engi with javelin to take chopper out (from C flag area)
Chinese tank 1 moves into target area
American chopper opens fire on Chinese tank 1 (slow mo side shot + tank POV), then bugs out
If tank doesn’t die from chopper rockets, American tank 1 to open fire and []
American chopper bugs out to take cover behind D building
Chinese chopper scrambles to intercept American chopper
Flying diagonally towards D flag
3rd person view
American armour (tanks x1 + light armour) rolls across both bridges towards D flag
American chopper in sight
Chinese chopper opens fire on American chopper (normal missiles) + lock on if required
American tank 2 (with laser guided missile) locks Chinese chopper and opens fire
The hit either kills or causes Chinese chopper to spin out of control and crash
Tank + Chinese chopper POV (slow mo from chopper)
American tank 2 + light armour carry on through over bridge, along side D building facing towards E + target area.
All remaining armour moves into target area
Chinese light armour x 2 rush forward towards sea front.
Mines pepper left hand side of road
Both trucks move along the road side by side
Left truck is taken out by the mines
As the truck is taken out 3 engis open fire with RPGs
Will have to work on timings to get all 3 to land as the truck passes without the engis being seen from the truck
Engi squad then move through buildings and take lift up to the roof - overlooking target area
Chinese tank 2 moves forward to open fire at American tank 1 []
Engi squad open fire from above on Chinese tank 2
American tank 2 also opens fire [/]
Sniper team on circle tower open fire on engi squad now on roof
American light armour moves around in front of D building and turns left
They park up at the end of the road leading back into the target area and where the two light armoured Chinese trucks got blown up.

Scene end.

I spent loads of time on the damn formatting and its fucked once I put it into here :( - anyway the list is a rough guideline to what I want to get out of the first scene. It doesn't have to be recorded in that order, but I will edit it to look similar.

Have a read, see what you think, and feel free to add your own input. I've also set a day to film of Wednesday say around 7:30 to 9pm GMT is that good with many people, or does it need to be changed?

Post subject: Re: Hollywood Battlefield!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:58 am 

Sounds good.. I'll be up for a bit of this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:59 am 

Natwilford03 wrote:
Sounds good.. I'll be up for a bit of this.

What she said :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:23 pm 

Hey mate, yes I remember your name :) I'm sure we will have a good few members who will want to take part in this.

If you are ever short of numbers on the night, it would also be a good idea to jump on our TS and ask if anyone else is willing to help you out.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:07 pm 

hey sperm ye i got a few of your tags from bf he he. ye anytime you need me just give me a shout. having been in a film before (an extra in regeneration aka beyond the lines) im always up for some film work

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 pm 
=T.O.D=

I be up for this as well! Just give us all a shout if/when you need people :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:22 pm 

Count me in if you need me pal.

What are you using to record. I did play about with the nivida shodowplay thing on high settings but it just ends up a massive file.

O and welcome to our forum pal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 am 

am game for it. :hbang:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 am 

Brilliant! The more the merrier. Astine, I'm currently using shadowplay as it has the least hit on my machine and the quality is good, although not great. I haven't found the file sizes to be that big. A 12min clip is about 3GB with quality on high.

I'll pounce on TS later and get you all settled into the server.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:50 pm 

I must admin it was long and repetitive. But honestly it was a lot of fun.

So cheers for the invite evilsperm and VIA clan.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next